Date(s) - 16/08/2017
9:30 am - 3:30 pm
Culloden Baptist Church
WRAP+ EVENTS – Understanding and Responding to Radicalisation in relation to Children and Young People
The Highland Child Protection Committee have organised two workshops which build on previous WRAP briefing sessions but have a specific focus on issues relating to children and young people within the PREVENT agenda. These sessions will be delivered by CONTEST Sergeant Mel Fowler from Police Scotland who has a wealth of knowledge about radicalisation and the PREVENT process. PREVENT is part of the UK Government’s approach to counter terrorism.
Each session will cover:
• Historical context, definition and types of extremism
• Indicators of vulnerability and risk
• Signs of grooming and radicalisation
• Roles and responsibilities
• Possible interventions and the de-radicalisation process
• Understanding the Prevent Professional Concerns Process
NB: These sessions are specifically targeted at those practitioners who have direct and regular contact with children and young people.
Bookings are closed for this event.