Date(s) - 26/06/2018
1:30 pm - 4:00 pm
Fort William Health Centre
This training is designed for staff who have regular contact with children and/or families, including those working within adult services. This course takes a more in depth look at the different types of abuse and neglect, as well as giving participants information about managing disclosures and handling sensitive situations.
What can I expect from this training?
By the end of this training, staff should:
•Be able to identify types of abuse and neglect
•Recognise specific vulnerabilities in children and young people
•Be confident in sharing concerns about children
•Know their roles and responsibilities in relation to child protection
Who should attend?
All staff who have regular contact with children and young people and/or their family members should attend this training.
In particular those staff who:
• Have regular contact with vulnerable children and families
• Carry out direct work with children and families
• Contribute to assessments of children, including assessment of risk
• May be required to support the development and delivery of the Child’s Plan
• Have specific responsibilities in regard to child protection
Bookings are closed for this event.