Date(s) - 24/03/2021
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Online Training for Vulnerable Pregnancy
This training would benefit those working in health, social work, education, housing and third sector agencies who wish to expand their knowledge of the Vulnerable Pregnancy Pathway and risk assessment with unborn babies.
Participants are advised to carefully read through each section in turn and consider the questions posed at the end of each section before moving on to the next one. To assist your assessment, we encourage you to utilise the tools you have been sent from the National Risk Framework (2012). In clinical practice, midwives will be using the Vulnerable Pregnancy pathway which we have included, ensuring non-midwifery staff have an understanding of the process used when providing care for women who may be vulnerable. We would encourage all practitioners to contribute to the discussions arising from each stage of the scenario and the questions posed at the end of each section.
By the end of this training session practitioners should:
• Be familiar with the assessment tools and processes used in vulnerable pregnancies including the Vulnerable Pregnancy Pathway (VPP) and National Risk Framework (2012)
• Reflect on their own practice when providing a service to pregnant women where there are child protection/ wellbeing concerns.
• Become more familiar with the issues to be considered at a Child Protection Plan Meeting (CPPM) for the unborn baby and understanding of your role within this.
• Develop an understanding of how agencies across the lifespan contribute to the assessment, analysis and planning for an unborn baby.
• Have had an opportunity to ask professionals from other disciplines about their practices and experiences when providing care or services to pregnant women and their partners.
Bookings are closed for this event.