Date(s) - 31/05/2018
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Seminar Room Caithness General Hospital
This is a very basic introduction to the Highland Practice Guidance and Child Protection for all staff who have any contact with Children and Families, including those working within adult services.
What can I expect from this training?
- Understand what is meant by it’s everyone’s responsibility to protect children and Getting It Right For Every Child
- Be familiar with the Assessment Framework, Service Delivery Model and role of the Named Person/Lead Professional
- Be familiar with the interagency child protection guidelines, and the role of the Child Protection Committee
- Be familiar with the signs, indicators, definitions and effects of child abuse and neglect
- Appreciate the effect of cultural and religious beliefs and refrain from making assumptions about certain cultures and backgrounds
- Be familiar with specific vulnerabilities
- Appreciate and understand their own attitudes in relation to child abuse and neglect, and how these can shape actions
- Know their roles and responsibilities in contributing to the protection of children
- Know when to seek appropriate supervision/support and where to find this
Who should attend?
• All staff who have contact with children and/or families no matter how minimal
• Anyone who has not received child protection training within the past 3 years
There are no pre-requisites for staff attending this training and it is open to anyone wishing to improve their knowledge and/or confidence in this area.
Attendees will receive a completion certificate which is valid for three years.
Bookings are closed for this event.