Date(s) - 21/03/2018
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Munlochy Medical Practice
This is a very basic introduction to the Highland Practice Guidance and Child Protection for all staff who have any contact with Children and Families, including those working within adult services.
What can I expect from this training?
- Understand what is meant by it’s everyone’s responsibility to protect children and Getting It Right For Every Child
- Be familiar with the Assessment Framework, Service Delivery Model and role of the Named Person/Lead Professional
- Be familiar with the interagency child protection guidelines, and the role of the Child Protection Committee
- Be familiar with the signs, indicators, definitions and effects of child abuse and neglect
- Appreciate the effect of cultural and religious beliefs and refrain from making assumptions about certain cultures and backgrounds
- Be familiar with specific vulnerabilities
- Appreciate and understand their own attitudes in relation to child abuse and neglect, and how these can shape actions
- Know their roles and responsibilities in contributing to the protection of children
- Know when to seek appropriate supervision/support and where to find this
Who should attend?
• All staff who have contact with children and/or families no matter how minimal
• Anyone who has not received child protection training within the past 3 years
There are no pre-requisites for staff attending this training and it is open to anyone wishing to improve their knowledge and/or confidence in this area.
Attendees will receive a completion certificate which is valid for three years.
Further Information and Application Process:
Further details and application forms are available from the HCPC Training Office on 01463 703446, or contact your designated child protection training officer for more details
Bookings are closed for this event.